Thursday, November 18, 2010

Remembering Gia Carangi







Gia Marie Carangi, a cool chick from Philly who overnight became one of the worlds top models in the late 70's early 80's. She was very vulnerable, and troubled and became addicted to heroin. She was one of the first famous women to die of aids. Angelina Jolie starred in an autobiography film about Gia in 1998, it is simply called "Gia". A movie I have watched over and over again. It's kinda sad how she became so famous so fast and then one day she was gone. The industry was ashamed of her and didn't bother mentioning her. I think it's best to leave it like that. They had nothing nice to say.. so it's best to keep quiet. Now, the research for aids treatment has improved so much that with medication there are less deaths. It would be better if it was just completely gone and out of our lives but I believe it was a man made disease. Life is not fair to everyone.
Gia died 24 years ago today at the young age of 26. The fascinating person she was is still remembered today.

short video about Gia.



"I think God has a plan for me, but I don`t think it`s in this life."- Gia

"Life and death, energy and peace. If I stop today it was still worth it. Even the terrible mistakes that I made and would have unmade if I could. The pains that have burned me and scarred my soul, it was worth it, for having been allowed to walk where I`ve walked, which was to hell on earth, heaven on earth, back again, into, under, far in between, through it, and above."- Gia

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...