Friday, November 12, 2010

SAMPLES FOR DAYS...

Today I started my day listening to some J Dilla. Dilla's music gives me an overwhelming feeling of emotions. Good feelings. I used to listen to him so much when I had my own apartment. Now that I have a family, I am so glad I was fortunate enough to enjoy my time alone.
I did my thing and was my own boss. It was good times but now I'm grateful for my family.
The truth behind the fun was non stop partying and the occasional drugs here and there. I am a completely different person than I was 3-4 years ago. Nothing makes me happier than to see my children's face every day. They are the lights of my life. Although, I have been super tired and kinda stressed lately. Raoul woke me up at 3am with a quick phone call and then had to change 2 diapers at 4:30am. It was a rough night so I also had a rough morning. Lord knows I love my sleep! This morning I came across the Dionne Warwick song that Dilla had sampled and all day it played in my head... Over and over... ♫♪You're gonna need me, one day... ♪♫
Here are some classics Dilla sampled. My new motto is "A Dilla day is a good day".
R.I.P. Jay Dee. Your music will forever keep you in our hearts.


Jerry Butler - Just Because I Love You


The Sylvers - Only One Can Win


Dionne Warwick - You're Gonna Need Me


The Five Stairsteps - We Must Be In Love

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...